Office Driver - 1
This Vacancy Announcement has been posted by United Nations Resident Coordinator Office on behalf of International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES).
The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) is an international NGO that supports the building of democratic societies around the world. Since 2006, IFES Nepal has worked with the Election Commission of Nepal (ECN) and civil society partners to enhance citizen participation and strengthen civil society, governance and transparency.
IFES Nepal is seeking an Office Driver to provide safe driving services and to carry out other administrative and office support activities for the IFES Nepal office. This position will be under the supervision of the Administrative Manager and will be full-time with occasional visits to the field. The functions include, but not limited to:
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive office vehicles carefully and safely with adherence to local driving codes and internally agreed standards,
- Conduct regular check-up of vehicles and routine check-up/servicing and maintenance/repair,
- Keep the vehicles always neat and clean, and in good condition,
- Ensure that vehicle is clean according to government covid 19 regulations,
- Maintain vehicle log-book properly and keep records up-to-date,
- Support administrative and provide logistical support when required,
- Carry out any other related duties as required by his/her supervisors and office.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- A valid driving license for light vehicle (4DW) and motorbike with experience on off-road and city driving;
- At least five years of professional driving experience, with minimum of two years of hands-on experiences in an international organization;
- Minimum a School Leaving Certificate (SLC) passed;
- Good command in spoken and written English;
- Good Interpersonal skills and professional attitude;
- Willing work extra hours in off-hours, weekends and holidays;
- Ability to engage effectively and proactively with staff, work well in a team and under pressure;
- Availability to travel may be required up to 10%
This position is opened for Nepali nationals only. Qualified and interested candidates are requested to send an application and updated CV with two professional references to: email@example.com with clearly mentioning the position applying for in the subject line. The application submission deadline is 4:00 PM, Friday, June 18, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for selection processes. Women, marginalized and disadvantaged communities are highly encouraged to apply.