Local Governance Expert (Consultant)
This Vacancy Announcement has been posted by United Nations Resident Coordinator Office on behalf of International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES).
The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) is an international NGO that supports the building of democratic societies around the world. Since 2006, IFES Nepal has worked with the Election Commission of Nepal (ECN) and local civil society partners to enhance citizen participation and strengthen civil society, governance and transparency.
IFES Nepal is seeking a Local Governance Expert to advise IFES on local government roles and responsibilities and support curriculum development for IFES’ programs in Nepal. This consultancy position will be under the supervision of the Country Director and Deputy Country Director.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review, revise and provide comments on training curricula for IFES’ women’s leadership, civic education and advocacy programs related to coordination and engagement with local governments;
- Support development of program materials related to local government engagement, including public awareness materials, training resources including training curricula, etc;
- Advise IFES Nepal on Nepali local government roles and responsibilities;
- Support IFES Nepal staff and CSO partners to develop methods of engagement with local governments on issues relating to women’s leadership, inclusion and citizen engagement;
- Support on IFES’ mentorship activities;
- Support development of reports and publications for donors; and
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the Country Director and Deputy Country Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, public administration, education, law, sociology or related field, Master’s degree preferred;
- Minimum of six years’ experience in local governance, civil society, organizational capacity building, advocacy or other related democracy, rights and governance sectors;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of local government roles and responsibilities, existing laws and the decentralization process in Nepal;
- Experience developing training curricula;
- Familiarity with development programming and donor projects in Nepal;
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Word, Gmail, Microsoft Excel, Power Point) are required;
- Fluency in English and Nepali, both written and oral.
This position is opened for Nepali nationals only. Qualified and interested candidates are requested to send an application and updated CV with two professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org with clearly mentioning the position applying for in the subject line. The application submission deadline is 4:00 PM, Friday, June 18, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for selection processes. Women, people with disabilities, marginalized and disadvantaged communities are highly encouraged to apply.